Dictate + Connect (Dictamus) and Pacific Transcription
Dictate + Connect is the iPhone dictation app of choice for Pacific Transcription clients.
The Dictate + Connect app is an integral element in Pacific Transcription's seamless process from dictation through to transcription, and is accessible to EVERY Pacific Transcription client who uses their iPhone or iPad for dictation.
The use of this app, an iPhone or iPad and links to Pacific means there’s no need to download your files to your computer, and then upload them manually to your secure client login for transcription.
There’s no need to email your dictations to your secretary for transcription. You don’t even have to use a dictaphone; and you certainly don’t have to stay in your office to dictate. With a simple press of a button, this is all done for you.
All you need is an iPhone, the Dictate + Connect app and a client account with Pacific Transcription. It really is that simple.
The app is available for $21.99 from the Apple iTunes store. There is a free version of this app which has all the functions of the paid version, and is available to test out first; however the free version has a limit of 5 dictations, each max. 30 seconds long.
So how do you get started?
1. Download the app from the Apple iStore.
2. Self Register as a New Client with Pacific Transcription (if you are not already an existing Pacific Transcription client).
3. Go to the "Settings" area of the Dictate + Connect app. Choose your region, select "Sharing", select "Add Sharing Destination" and then select Pacific Transcription (already listed) as your shared destination. Enter your Pacific Client username and password when prompted.
4. Start dictating!
5. Once you've finished dictating, click the send button, and your files will be automatically uploaded DIRECTLY to your secure Pacific client account.
Key Features of Dictate + Connect:
- Rewind, overwrite, insert
- Instant dictation controls
- Precise voice activation
- Intuitive, easy to understand user interface
- Lots of sharing methods (E-mail, download, FTP, WebDAV, SFTP, Dropbox, box, etc.)
- Completely automatable sharing
- AES-128 enrcryption
- MP4/AAC, WAV, and AIFF format
- Barcode scanner
- Move and delete sections in a dictation
- Record in the background (no phone calls)
- Bookmarks in dictations
The paid version is inexpensive, and has an upper limit of dictations 24 hours long, more than enough time for each batch of dictations. The Dictate + Connect dictation app really does rival professional dictaphones with its excellent sound quality, precise voice activation, secure encryption and multiple ways of transferring your dictations.
The partnership between Pacific Transcripton and the creators of this dictation app means Pacific Transcription clients who use iPhones or iPads for dictation will experience a significant streamlining of the dictation and transcription process. The dictating and transferring of files is simpler, we get your dictations faster, and you get your completed transcripts back sooner.
Pacific clients get the best of both worlds – the perfect marriage between cutting edge technology and exceptional, reliable, time-tested and quality-driven transcription services.
Click here to download the Dictate + Connect User Manual.
Have a Query?
SSL encryption for all audio and documents sent via client login.
Pacific Transcription adheres to the Australian National Privacy Principles and international equivalents.
Signed confidentiality agreements available upon request.