What are the benefits of working as a typing contractor?
Working as a typing contractor for Pacific Transcription can be a great business opportunity for the right person, and we are always looking for experienced, motivated contractors to join our typing contractor panel.
Our typing contractors have the opportunity to type transcripts on a range of varied and interesting subject matter, from press conferences, AGMs and finance briefings to market research interviews and police records of interview, to medical and radiology dictations (only typists with a minimum of three years’ experience in these fields will type medical and radiology transcripts).
(Note: we do not offer legal transcription typing).
Some of the other benefits include:
- Flexible working arrangements including the ability to work from home and set your own hours (subject to minimum hours required by Pacific to maintain your contractor status)**
- Greater work/life balance
- No need to commute
- Having the satisfaction of running your own successful business
- Ongoing learning through research for your transcripts
- Rewards for superior quality via our Quality Bonus system
- Increased earnings for faster typing and greater efficiency
** Please note that you must commit to at least 5 hours of audio per week (this equates to approximately 20 hours of typing depending on your speed and efficiency), with at least 4 hours of audio being transcribed during standard office hours for your time zone (e.g. GMT for UK typists, AEST for Australian and New Zealand typists).